#BLM photography exhibitions representing Rider Shafique
Project details –
- Curatation of two small exhibitions featuring BAME artist and photographer Rider Shafique. This combined commissioned work by local photographer documenting two poignant strands; Black History (#BLM) and Covid-19 lockdown.
- Worked with Gloucester History Festival manager and other partners to allocate budget and support artist.
- Identified and worked with venues for exhibiting the artworks.
- The aim of the project was to make Black History more visible by securing external and other locations to show work.
- Liaised with and supported artist throughout process ensuring print deadlines were met.
- Coordination of print and installation, for work to be on display from 5-20 September
- Liaised with artist to ensure content was available for marketing.
- Documentation of intellectual property rights prior to display in exhibition and potential transfer to Gloucestershire Archives (capturing today’s stories for future generations).
- Venues secured; Gloucester Cathedral and the Folk of Gloucester.